Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Sweetest Gift

Valentine's Day is not one of those holidays that I pay much attention to.  I don't have a sweetheart of my own, so I tend to treat Valentine's Day as just another day.  It's one of those holidays that I don't even expect my kids to call me on.  But they both surprised me; my son, Troy, called me from Afghanistan to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day.  My daughter, Amber, called and left a message on my phone wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day and telling me that I taught her how to loveI saved that message.  It validated me as a mom and as a person.  It was the best Valentine's gift that I've ever gotten.  Chocolate is nice; flowers are pretty; jewelry is bling - all nice gifts.  But I got the best gift of all - I got love.

No comments:

Post a Comment