Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Budgets

As I've said before, I'm a big fan of setting up a monthly budget and keeping track of my spending.  Before I got my new computer, I used Microsoft money, but it isn't available anymore, so I've been looking for a new alternative.  Right now, I'm trying a couple of different programs.  I set up an account at www.mint.com.  It's FREE to set up an account and you can set up a budget or set up savings plans to reach your goals, such as paying off credit card debt or saving for retirement.  The other program that I'm using is called Checkbook Ease and you can download it to your computer for $8.95.  It's set up like a checkbook and you can also create a budget.  I like Checkbook Ease because I can track my daily expenditures easier than I can with Mint, but I like Mint because you can set goals and track your progress.

These two programs are just two of the many options available.  I still write my budget out every month on paper so that I always have it with me.  You can check out www.debtproofliving.com and www.crown.org for more ideas on how to set up your budget.  Believe me though - when you know where your money is going, it's a lot easier to save it.

No comments:

Post a Comment