Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pantry Storage

One of the websites that I like is http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net.  I've gotten some good ideas on how to organize my own pantry from this website.  One element of food storage that's discussed on their site is rotating can storage.  They have a pattern that you can download to make your own can rack.  When I looked at the pattern, I knew that I could make my own can rack a lot easier, so here's my version.


 First, I started saving the fridge boxes for soda pop.  I cut the top off (where the hand grips are) and reinforced the ends with clear packing tape.

Next, I traced the side and end of the soda box on a cardboard box.  I wanted two side pieces and two end pieces to further reinforce the soda box.  I cut out the pieces using a box cutter and trimmed the pieces to fit snugly with scissors.
 
 I covered the exterior of the box with leftover wallpaper.  I used Elmer's glue and clear packing tape to attach the wallpaper to the soda box.






 Here are pictures of the finished box.  The box holds ten cans of vegetables and is very sturdy.
Here's a picture of a can storage box that I covered with Fabric Craft Peel N Stick Fabric.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment