Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 4, 2011

Superbowl Snacks

I love watching football.  I watch college football on Saturdays and the NFL on Sunday.  I look forward to football season every year.  I have been a fan of the Dallas Cowboys since I was a kid and I have a Roger Staubach trading card - my hero!  So of course I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl this weekend and I'll be rooting for the Packers - I attended college at the University of WI - Stevens Point.  And what's a football game without snacks?  My  two favorites are Dijon Bacon Dip and Chili Cheese Dip (Queso to my daughter).  

Dijon Bacon Dip
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup real bacon bits
1 tbs. prepared horseradish
Blend all ingredients; refrigerate until game time.  Serve with Fritos scoopers.

Chili Cheese Dip or Amber's Queso
1 8-oz. block of cream cheese
1 can of hot chili
1 cup shredded cheddar
Put the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and cover with the chili.  Place shredded cheddar over the chili.  Cover and microwave for 3 minutes.  Stir and microwave for additional 3 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips.

There you have it - my two favorite football snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment