Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Recycled "Valentine" Tree

My neighbor gave me a small pink table top Christmas tree a couple of weeks ago that she didn't want.  When she gave it to me I thought, "this is the ugliest tree I've ever seen."  I thought to myself, "maybe I can put it in the church yard sale."


After a couple of days though, I thought, "this might make a really cute Valentine's tree.  I took off all the Christmas bulbs, the tree topper, and straightened out the branches.

Over the next few days, after work, I made some valentine's ornaments and re-decorated the tree.  Here is my new and improved Valentine's tree.

Most of the ornaments I made from scraps of fun foam and scrapbook paper that I had lying around the house.  I crocheted some little hearts from scraps of yarn I had.  I'll post directions for the crocheted hearts on another day.

Here are some close-up photos of the tree ornaments -

This ornament was made by gluing a smaller heart made out of fun felt to a larger heart, then adding a button.


The tree topper was made from two different colors of card stock.  This is a danish woven heart.


This is a pink heart made of card stock with different buttons glued on.

No comments:

Post a Comment