Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Orange Chicken

I originally found this recipe on Pinterest; one of my friends that I follow had pinned it and it looked so good that I re-pinned it.  Here's the recipe.

1 lb. of boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup flour
olive oil
1/2 tbs. of salt
1 tsp. of balsamic vinegar
3 tbs. of ketchup
6 oz. of frozen orange juice concentrate (thaw)*
4 tbs. of brown sugar

* I used fresh orange juice -  from my oranges on my tree in the back yard

In a bowl, mix the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and ketchup.

Put the flour in a gallon bag and add the chicken.  Shake until the chicken is coated.

Pour a small amount of olive oil in a skillet and brown the chicken.  The chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked.

After cooking the chicken, put it in a crock pot and cover with the sauce mixture.


Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or on high for 2 - 3 hours.  Serve over rice.


Very easy and very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment