Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Dog is Fat


This is my dog, Chopper.  He'll be 4 years old this month.  When I first brought him home two years ago, he weighed 36 pounds.  I weighed him this morning and he weighs 51 pounds!  You know what they say about fat dogs; it's true.  I need to lose weight myself.

Today after work I took him for a walk.  We walked down to the end of the street and back.  Honestly, I wasn't sure that he was going to make it.  But he needs more exercise and so do I.  I've decided that he can't have any more dog biscuits or cream cheese until he loses weight; oh, and no more chex mix or captain crunch.

Now I have to decide what I'm going to cut back on.  A couple of days ago, I was talking to my friend, Mike, about fasting.  He describes fasting as giving up anything that you really like for a given period of time.  Where do I start?  I really like diet soda and popcorn and ice cream.  Actually, I just like to eat and one of my biggest problems is mindless eating while I'm watching TV or doing something on my computer.  I am not disciplined (that's a whole nother blog).  Maybe, I can approach it the same way as my dog Chopper.  I only have to make it to the end of the street and back.  I only have to make one conscious decision not to put something in my mouth.  Then tomorrow, I can make the same decision and before I know it, who knows?  I'm gonna try it and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment