Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 7, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower

I planted three cauliflower plants this year.  Honestly, I only planted three because I didn't really believe they'd grow.  So I was very excited when I ended up with two heads of cauliflower.  I'm the only one in the house who eats cauliflower - not a problem since I love it.  I found a handwritten recipe for roasted cauliflower and thought I'd give it a try.  I wish I could remember where I got the recipe from because I like to give credit where credit is due.  It's a really simple recipe - and it is sooooo good.  I am not exaggerating - if you like cauliflower, you're going to  love this recipe.

Roasted Cauliflower

2 tbs. olive oil
1 head cauliflower (1.5 lbs)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Drizzle a 9" x 13" baking pan with 1 tbs. oil.  Cut the cauliflower vertically into 1/4" thick slices and place in the baking pan.  Drizzle the cauliflower with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Next year, I am definitely planting more cauliflower!

No comments:

Post a Comment