Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Another Use for Junk Mail

Don't we all get too much junk mail?  The other day, when my sister got the mail, there it was - another piece of junk mail.  My sister looked at me and said, "you're a crafty person, why can't you figure out a way to use some of this junk mail besides throwing it into the recycling bin?"  Well, I thought about it for a couple of days and here's what I came up with.  I combined two of my favorite things, crafting and gardening, and came up with a junk mail planter.  It's easy to make and a good use of junk mail.

First I took a medium size clay pot and washed it thoroughly.

I painted the exterior with two coats of white craft paint.  Then I took a couple of pieces of junk mail and using a pair of scrap booking scissors, I cut the junk mail into different size pieces.  I used a pair of scissors that left an vvvvvv edge on the paper.  Next I traced around the edges of the paper with different colored permanent markers - this adds a little color.

Using Mod Podge, I glued the pieces of paper onto the clay pot.  I used strips of paper around the top of the pot.  When it was dry, I covered my planter with three coats of Mod Podge.  There you have it.  It only took a few hours to make, and now, I have a really cool planter.

No comments:

Post a Comment