Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 18, 2011

In Search of the Perfect Smoothie

I love the smoothies that I get at Tropical Smoothie; they're so creamy and yummy!  I am on a mission to find the perfect smoothie that I can make at home.  I like coffee so I thought that a coffee & banana smoothie might be good.  I have to admit that I'm not especially fond of bananas; when I was pregnant with my daughter, I had to eat a banana a day to raise my potassium levels.  Since then, I haven't really cared for bananas.  Anyways, I found this recipe scribbled on the back of a notepad and thought I'd give it a try.  It's a simple recipe - I like simple!

Coffee & Banana Smoothie

1 sliced peeled banana
1 cup of fat free milk
1/2 cup of cold black coffee
2 tsp. of sugar
1/2 cup ice

Mix in a blender and enjoy - but, you know what?  I didn't like it.  Too much banana (so sad).  I guess I'm still looking for that perfect smoothie.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment