Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mardi Gras mask

What's a Mardi Gras celebration without a mask?  I went to Mardi Gras about 10 years ago and bought a mask.  But, like most other things, I figured that I could make one of my own.  So here it is, just in time for Fat Tuesday!
 
I found the pattern for my mask at www.makingfriends.com.  I cut out two masks, one from purple card stock and one from purple fun foam.   Purple is one of my favorite colors!  I glued the purple fun foam to the card stock to reinforce my mask.  Then I decorated my mask with sequins and feathers.  I attached a straw using a paper clip for a handle.  That's it!  It was so easy!

The mask on the left was the one I bought in New Orleans.  The one on the right is the mask I made.




Here's a close-up of my mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment