Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 4, 2011

Household Notebook

A few days ago I wrote about how disorganized I am right now.  Sometimes it's amazing that I get anything done.  While stumbling around on the internet, I've seen some great websites that show you how to make a household notebook.  Organizedhome.com has free printable planner forms that you can download and make your own household notebook.  Another good website is "money saving mom."

I went with organized home because I believe that their forms are more relevant for me.  Here's how I put my notebook together.

daily do-it checklist - this is where I listed all the things that I want to accomplish on a daily basis.  My list includes feeding my dogs and cat, making my bed, doing a morning devotional, eating breakfast, brushing and flossing my teeth, showering, moisturizing, taking my vitamins, drinking 8 glasses of water, exercising, and checking my email.

daily planner - this is my personal to do list and is divided into the following sections: "to do", "to go", "to call", "to buy", and "what's for dinner?".  I like the idea of dividing things up into categories.

weekly planner - this is my work to do list and is divided into days.  I actually am pretty well organized at work, but this still helps me stay on track.

monthly calendar - I carry a calendar in my purse also, but the monthly calendar in my notebook has more room to write things down and I color-coded it - green for bills; yellow for work appointments; blue for personal appointments, and pink for mystery shops.

shopping list - makes it easy to keep track of what I need to purchase

weekly menu plan

freezer inventory

pantry inventory

blank sheets of paper

monthly budget - I couldn't find a printable form that I liked, so I just included my handwritten budget.

It's a work in progress, but I hope to get to the point where it's indispensable.


No comments:

Post a Comment