Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 8, 2011

A "Fair-y" Good Time

I love the County Fair - the smells - popcorn, pizza, boiled peanuts, and sausages; the sights - the exhibits, the livestock, the carnies; and the rides.


Today, after work, my sister and I went to the fair.  I purchased admission tickets and armbands online and saved $16.00 - not bad.  The first thing we did when we got there was to visit the "Old Florida" exhibition.

Moosemobile

We went through all the exhibits and I got a bunch of free pencils and other stuff.  Then we went and looked at the livestock.
Isn't this the cutest little guy you've ever seen?



OK, I know you're thinking, "what's up with the cow and the pig?"  Well, my favorite number just happens to be 23 and, you guessed it, these are pictures of cow #23 and pig #23.  Come on, I had to take a picture of them!

Afterwards, we went on the rides.  I confess to being a coward; the scrambler is about the limit for me.  I usually ride the same three or four rides until I get sick to my stomach.

I took this photo while I was riding on the scrambler - wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Finally, no trip to the fair is complete until I buy the biggest bag of cotton candy that I can find - pure sugar and pure heaven for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment