Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter - Coconut Cream Eggs

Do you have a favorite Easter treat?  I like peeps and cadbury creme eggs, but I especially like coconut cream eggs.  I found an easy recipe for them at www.thriftyfun.com.

Combine 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, a 1 lb. bag of coconut, one 2 lb. bag of powdered sugar, and 1 tsp. of vanilla.


Mix well and shape into eggs.  I took about a handful of mix, patted it down, and used an egg-shaped cookie cutter to make my eggs.

I made 20 eggs, but you could make more or less depending on how you form your eggs.  I placed them on a cookie sheet and refrigerated them for about an hour.


After about an hour, I melted a bag of chocolate chips over low heat until they were creamy.

Finally, I dipped the eggs in the chocolate until they were covered.  Then I put them back into the refrigerator to chill.


Here's the final product.  I wish that they had turned out prettier, but they still tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment