Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Recipe (Almost) Every Day

So, I'm sitting here tonight wondering what I'm going to make for dinner tomorrow night.  I am trying to cook more this year and so far, I think that I've cooked every night; of course, this is only the 5th of January, so I don't have much to brag about.

I haven't cooked any gourmet meals - let's see, what have I cooked?  I used the leftover ham from Christmas to make a large pot of pinto beans, I've made chuckwagon patties with rice-a-roni and broccoli.  By the way, what's really in a chuckwagon patty?  I don't know, but I confess to liking them.  I made hot italian sausages with homemade onion rings, and tonight, black beans with rice.  I made some wonderful homemade bread with my bread machine - one of the BEST birthday presents I've ever gotten.  This year though, I'd like to try a few new recipes.  I have so many recipe books that I know that I can cook something different every night or two and never have to eat the same thing twice (except for left-overs).  I have a recipe for cactus that I'd really like to try and I can get the cactus from my own backyard.

I'm going to challenge myself to NOT cooking the same thing twice this year.  I'll have to make a list to keep track of my recipes.  Wow, now I'm excited!  I can't wait to look through all my recipes to find out what's for dinner tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, Mom. You are not alone in liking Chuckwagon patties. I probably like them because you were always making them for us growing up!

    ReplyDelete