Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tracking My Spending

I'm intrigued by the idea of extreme couponing.  I live in an area where the stores do not double the face value of the coupons, so it's a little harder to be an uber couponer.  I've decided to keep track of my spending this month using my coupons to see if I save a significant amount of money.  I've already gone shopping at Walgreens and Publix.  When I came home, I set up a spread sheet.  I'm not sure this is really necessary because my receipts show all my savings, but I want to break it down by item.  I have my coupon binder set up and it really helps me to keep track of my coupons and the expiration dates.  I usually just spend a couple of hours a week cutting and sorting coupons and coming up with my shopping list for the week.  Another advantage is that most of the stores where I shop are clustered together, so I won't spend a lot of time or gas going from store to store.  You probably won't ever see me on an episode of "Extreme Couponing", but, who knows, maybe I'll make the local paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment