Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Stockpile

I don't believe in fairy tales.  I don't believe in happily ever after; I do believe in being happy forever - there's a difference.  I don't live in Never-Never Land (it's never going to happen to me, my family, my country, etc.).  Do you watch the news, listen to the radio, or read the newspaper?  Do you have friends or family?  Things are tough and I mean tough ALL over.

It hurts to go to the grocery store; gosh, it hurts to go to Walmart these days!  I've been trying for a while to stockpile food.  I don't do this only for myself.  I have two kids and when they come home, I let them go "shopping" in my pantry.  I have friends at church who've lost their jobs and are having a really hard time just getting by.  At this point in my life, I'm making a solid five figure income in the low 30's, and my credit card debt is less than $1,000.  I'm blessed - God is taking good care of me.

I used to keep my stockpile here and there and it's been hard to keep up with.  This week I decided to centralize my food stockpile.  I set it up in a spare bedroom.  It's all organized and everything is dated and I can finally see what I have on hand and what I need to think about purchasing.  It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment