Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 1, 2011

Marathon Training

In December, there's a marathon here in Jacksonville.  When I was in college, I ran track, but those days are long gone.  I still like to walk though, so I've decided to walk the half marathon - 13.1 miles.  I'm about 20 lbs overweight, but I walked the Gate River Run (9 miles) when I was 20 lbs heavier than I am now.  Tonight I took walked for the first time in a long time.  My sister, Deb, is my coach and my biggest cheerleader.  We took the long way around the neighborhood, which is to say that we took a detour from our path.  We stopped at a pile down by the street and ended up bringing home a small bucket of toys (for our next yard sale).  We were gone for 2 hours and we walked a little over 5 miles - not too bad for my first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment