Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Paper Mache Heart

I like to try new crafts, so when I saw an article on how to make miniature pinatas, I thought it was a cute idea.  I modified the directions to make my own paper mache heart.


Start with a cereal box and a heart template.



Open up the box and trace two hearts on the cereal box.


Cut the hearts out and using masking tape, assemble the heart.  I used strips from the box to make the sides of the heart.


Cover the heart with masking tape.



To cover the heart, I cut purple and pink tissue paper into strips and then I tore the strips into pieces.



Using mod podge, cover the box with the pieces of tissue paper until the box is completely covered; then add a top coat.



After I finished the heart, I made a hanger for the heart by braiding purple, pink, and white yarn together.  I hot glued the hanger to the top of the heart.



Here is the finished heart hanging on my front door.  It's a cute, easy decoration to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment